Texas Archive of the Moving Image is loading...
Football - Cardinals 10 Cowboys 10
The U.S. National Archives and Records AdministrationSound | 1966
- Large video
- Large content
- Full video
baseUrl:wgScriptPath + "/extensions/player/",
poster:"/library/index.php?action=ajax%26rs=importImage%26rsargs=Football - Cardinals 10 Cowboys 10 tn.jpg%26rsargs=480",
- (Chanting) Go! Go! Go!
- In St. Louis the Cardinals face the Cowboys, both undefeated.
- Second period, Cardinals with the trailing 3-0 and Johnson to Shiver's pass is good for a 40 yard gain.
- Three plunges fail, so Johnson rolls out right and tosses to Bobby Joe Conrad for the score. Cardinals 7, Cowboys 3.
- Both clubs wage a tremendous defense battle, rushing the passer, covering receivers. Cowboy quarterback Don Meredith spots Peter Gent far downfield and it's good for 45 yards.
- On the very next play Meredith hands off to Dan Reeves who crashes into the endzone. Now it's Dallas 10, St. Louis 7.
- Still behind with only 4 minutes left, the Cards Jim Bakken kicks, Bob Hayes fumbles a fair catch attempt, and Dave O'Brien falls on it. Cardinals ball on the Cowboys' 29.
- Bakken attempts the tying field goal, and it's good. The Cardinals and Cowboys are all even now with 10 points each.
- Danny Villanueva back to kick for Dallas. He decides to run for the first down, going all the way to the St. Louis 28 before he's forced out.
- 34 seconds left. Dallas attempts a field goal to break the tie. Villanueva from the 33. It's wide to the left. No good.
- St. Louis now trying to get field goal position. Johnson to Smith, good for 18 yards.
- 11 seconds. Bakken tries from the Dallas 42. No good. St. Louis and Dallas play a 10-10 deadlock with glory for both clubs.
Click begin and end to mark the segment you wish
to tag. Then enter your comment and click on Tag!
Copy and paste this link to an email or instant message
[Hide]Right click this link, select 'open in new tab', and add to bookmarks:
- About the video
- Texas Locations
October 16, 1966 - Both undefeated, the Dallas Cowboys and the St. Louis Cardinals meet up for an exciting match that ultimately leads to a 10-10 deadlock.